The Arizona Legal Ethics Handbook is a comprehensive treatment of the “law of lawyering,” as it has been developed and articulated by the Arizona courts and disciplinary authorities. Its organization and structure are tied to that of the Arizona Rules of Professional Conduct, with a separate chapter devoted to each individual Rule.
This new Fourth Edition updates the Third Edition, 2015, incorporating subsequent case law and ethical opinions. The fourth edition includes several notable changes to the Ethical Rules and Arizona Supreme Court rules governing law practice effective January 1, 2016. This handbook will assist you in:
Highlights of Contents:
- Summary of each ethical rule's requirements
- Comparative analysis of each ethical rule to corresponding provision in Model Rule of Professional Conduct
- Discussion of issues that arise in applying and conforming to each rule`s requirements
- References to applicable ethics law and ethics opinions
- Detailed description of the disciplinary and admission process
- Extensive discussion of the sanctions lawyers can be subjected to
- Special section devoted to malpractice liability
- Ethical rules are easily pinpointed with the addition of index tabs for each rule
Fourth Edition Editorial Board
- Kathleen E. Brody, ACLU of Arizona (co-chair)
- Barry G. Stratford, Perkins Coie L.L.P. (co-chair)
- Todd M. Allison, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona
- Jodi Knobel Feuerhelm, Perkins Coie L.L.P.
- Anna H. Finn, Osborn Maledon, P.A.
- Nancy A. Greenlee, Attorney and Counselor at Law
- Lisa M. Panahi, State Bar of Arizona
- John W. Rogers, Staff Attorney, Arizona Supreme Court;
- Keith A. Swisher, Swisher P.C.
- Staff members Kathy Mowery and Laura Carini of the law firm Osborn Maledon, P.A., also provided valuable administrative support.
Third Edition Editorial Board
- Jodi Knobel Feuerhelm, Perkins Coie LLP, Chair
- Kathleen Erin Brody, Osborn Maledon PA
- Patricia A. Sallen, Director of Special Services & Ethics, State Bar of Arizona
- Barry G. Stratford, Perkins Coie LLP
- Keith A. Swisher, Arizona Summit Law School, Swisher P.C.
- Anna M. Unterberger, Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender