Conflict issues that may arise in your practice can be complicated and confusing. Our panel will present scenarios to explore conflict issues and provide guidance on they can be avoided.
Our expert panel will address questions such as:
• What types of conflicts arise when dealing with prospective clients?
• May you represent a client adverse to another client, if the matters are wholly unrelated?
• May you represent a criminal defendant when your former client is a prosecution witness?
• When may you do business with a client?
• What types of waivers do you need when representing co-plaintiffs?
• What types of conflicts are non-waivable?
Ann Ching, Ethics Counsel, State Bar of Arizona
Craig Henley, Senior Bar Counsel, State Bar of Arizona
Ed Novak, Polsinelli, PC
Lynda Shely, The Shely Firm, PC