You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Arizona Appellate Handbook 2.0, Volumes One and Two (2020) Print & Digital Version
Based on a survey of our members conducted two years ago, the new Arizona Appellate Handbook 2.0 has been revised and improved to make it a better resource. Instead of each individual practice area repeating the same information, it now uses a “hub and spoke” approach.
In Volume One, the first 12 chapters address appeals, in general, and issues implicated by appeals of all kinds. These include:
Six additional chapters rounding up Volume One supplement these first dozen chapters by addressing special considerations in specific types of appeals:
- overview of the jurisdiction, composition and organization of Arizona’s appellate courts
- preparing for an appeal
- filing an appeal as of right with the Arizona Court of Appeals
- special actions
- critical aspects of appeals including motion practice on appeal, the appellate record, standards of review, appellate briefs, amicus curiae practice and oral argument
- decisions and post-decision proceedings in the Arizona Court of Appeals, and practice before the Arizona Supreme Court.
Volume Two addresses the forms of review that take place outside of the Arizona Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. These include:
- workers’ compensation/Industrial Commission, and
- election appeals
Special Features: The digital version of the new handbooks includes special features making them more user-friendly. The text is searchable and includes hyperlinks to case law, statutes, relevant Internet information, links to internal cross-references, as well as searchable text. Model forms and useful appendices are included in the digital format for ease of use.The Appellate Handbook 2.0 would not have been possible without the substantial contributions of our tireless volunteer committee members.
- the appellate capacity of the superior court in hearing appeals from limited jurisdiction courts
- conducting judicial review under the Administrative Review Act and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- proceedings before the OAH
- special actions filed in superior court, and
- special considerations associated with appeals from particular agencies.
Volumes One and TwoPrint version only of both volumes
Volume OnePrint and digital version of Volume One onlyPrint version of Volume One only
Volume TwoPrint and digital version of Volume Two onlyPrint version of Volume Two only
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
2020 Family Law Institute - Day 1
Dial "E" for Ethics
Arizona Special Actions: Best Practice and Procedures Quick Reference Guide
Arizona Appellate Handbook 2.0, Volumes One and Two (2020) Print Version
A Conversation with Paul Clement
Politics at Work: Employee Protections and Employer Restrictions
Family Law Firsts Series Part 1: The Rules, Procedures and Discovery
Family Law Firsts Series Part 2: Spousal Maintenance and Child Support
Arizona Construction Law (Tom Horne), 2nd ed. 1994 & 2020 Cumulative Supplement
Time Limitations Applicable to Civil Actions and Procedures in the Arizona Superior Courts (2019)
Arizona Appellate Handbook 2.0, Volumes One and Two (2020) Digital Version Only
Arizona Civil Remedies, 4th Edition 2015